THE HISTORY OF WYCHE, P.A.

cms_page_media138green-icons-ourhistory2x.png__276x276_q85_subsampling-2

The firm now known as Wyche, P.A., traces its origins to 1921, when C. Granville Wyche joined two other Greenville attorneys to form Cothran, Dean & Wyche. His son, Tommy, joined the firm in 1949 and guided the firm’s growth for more than 60 years. His vision led Wyche to play an influential role in the revitalization and growth of downtown Greenville, beginning in the 1980s. He led the firm along with fellow nameplate members Al Burgess, David Freeman, and James “Poss” Parham.

The firm moved its location to the banks of the Reedy River in the 1960s, long before development emerged in that area of downtown Greenville. Attorneys have played key roles in the revitalization of downtown Greenville over the past 30 years, from the Hyatt Hotel to the Peace Center to Falls Park.

Wyche also has a history of innovative and sophisticated legal leadership. The firm has a global reach and varied practice areas, and regularly wins awards for its caliber of attorneys, world-class practices, and community involvement.

From the beginning, Wyche has been a place where lawyers can grow and develop in a culture marked by mentorship and collegiality. Associates are handpicked from the nation’s top law schools, and their talents are nurtured by more senior attorneys so they can one day become members of the firm. In fact, Wyche’s philosophy of hiring only those we expect to become members creates an environment where we each feel a responsibility to help one another succeed. This spirit of collaboration extends to our work for clients, resulting in more effective solutions.

Wyche took on the name Wyche, P.A. on its 90th anniversary in 2011.