In connection with a business’ decision to establish a new facility or expand an existing operation in the State of South Carolina, Wyche recognizes the vital importance of obtaining economic incentives from state and local governments. We have developed a comprehensive and integrated array of legal services in this area to assist our clients.
We have substantial experience with fee-in-lieu-of-taxes transactions and other incentives with the State of South Carolina, counties and municipalities.
Examples of transactions by the Economic Incentives practice group include:
- Representation of a major foreign-based electronics manufacturer in the development of its manufacturing facility in Greenville County, South Carolina.
- Representation of a sports company in the development of the new sports arena in Greenville County, South Carolina.
- Representation of the developer/owner of Greenville’s major downtown hotel and convention center.
- Representation of a major electronics component manufacturer in a $400 million fee-in-lieu-of-taxes transaction in Greenville County, South Carolina.
- Representation of a textile manufacturer in the acquisition of approximately 20 existing plants in the southeast.
- Representation of a major chemical manufacturing facility located in Charleston, South Carolina in connection with the expansion of its plant and a related $350 million fee-in-lieu-of-taxes transaction.
- Representation of a national manufacturer of pet foods in connection with the acquisition of a plant in Columbia, South Carolina and a related fee-in-lieu-of-taxes transaction.
- Representation of a major textile manufacturer in obtaining property tax reductions on new equipment to be installed in plants located in several counties in South Carolina pursuant to the fee-in-lieu-of-taxes statute.
- Representation of one of South Carolina’s largest publicly traded companies in connection with the development of a corporate headquarters campus.
- Representation of an out-of-state manufacturer in connection with the construction of a new manufacturing facility in Georgetown County, South Carolina involving a $100 million project investment