GREENVILLE, SC – Super Lawyers, a rating service of outstanding lawyers, has recognized 17 Wyche attorneys in its 2014 South Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine. The magazine features attorneys who embody excellence in the practice of law. Super Lawyers highlights Wallace Lightsey as one of the top 10 lawyers in South Carolina. Along with Lightsey, Wyche lawyers Cary Hall and Henry Parr are also recognized among the top 25 attorneys in South Carolina. The annual selections are made using a multi-phased process that includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations.
“We are proud to have three Wyche attorneys among Super Lawyers’ top 25. Wyche has always been focused on bringing world-class talent to South Carolina. Because of this, we are a relatively small firm composed of a carefully selected group of attorneys. To have three of our 34 attorneys recognized as being among the top 25 lawyers in all of South Carolina is an honor,” said Ted Gentry, Chair of Wyche’s Executive Committee.
The 12 Wyche attorneys listed below have been named to the South Carolina Super Lawyers list. No more than five percent of lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers.
- Eric Amstutz, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mark Bakker, Employment & Labor
- Melinda Davis Lux, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Greg English, Environmental Litigation
- Ted Gentry, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Cary Hall, Tax
- Wallace Lightsey, Business Litigation
- John Moylan, Personal Injury Plaintiff: General
- Henry Parr, Business Litigation
- Matthew Richardson, Personal Injury Plaintiff: General
- Troy Tessier, General Litigation
- Marshall Winn, Business Litigation
Five more Wyche attorneys have been named to the Rising Stars list, which recognizes top up-and-coming attorneys in South Carolina. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state receive this honor. Wyche’s Rising Stars are:
- Rita Bolt Barker, Environmental
- Sarah Sloan Batson, General Litigation
- Natalie Russell Dunham, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Maurie Lawrence, Real Estate
- Chris Schoen, General Litigation
Wyche is a full-service law firm that has practiced law and served the Greenville community for more than 90 years. In that time, Wyche has participated in landmark litigation, served as counsel on cutting-edge transactions, and provided community leadership that has helped shape and drive our region’s growth and success. With offices in Greenville and Columbia, Wyche is the South Carolina member of Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms.