Outside General Counsel
Wyche has a long and strong tradition of serving as trusted legal advisor for clients, ranging from start-ups to mature public companies. This outside general counsel role fills an important need for clients without an in-house legal department. In this role we:
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s business and strategic objectives.
- Establish relationships with key executives throughout the organization.
- Work with those executives to develop and implement legal strategies consistent with their vision for the business.
- Develop multi-disciplinary attorney teams to meet, as needed, with business executives to ensure legal strategies are supporting business objectives. Depending upon the client needs, attorneys experienced in practice areas such as antitrust and trade regulation, bankruptcy, insolvency and creditors’ rights, corporate, economic incentives, employee benefits and executive compensation, employment, environmental, insurance coverage, intellectual property, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, securities and corporate finance, tax, technology, and venture capital and private equity may be involved in this process.
- Counsel on ways to reduce the risk and cost of litigation
- Handle litigation and appeals or, where appropriate, retain and supervise outside counsel throughout the nation and world.
- Make available to our clients the worldwide resources available through our membership in Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms.
- Identify legal trends and issues that may impact our client’s business and work with them to develop solutions.
We are dedicated to adding value to our client’s business. Wyche’s goal is to provide legal advice through the years, not just the next transaction.