Wyche’s construction law practice includes advising and representing owners, general contractors, subcontractors, lenders, developers, architects, and engineers in all legal matters affecting the trade. We negotiate and draft construction contracts and architect agreements, advise concerning labor and employment matters, file and enforce mechanic’s liens, prosecute insurance and bond claims, and initiate and defend lawsuits and arbitrations for our clients. We also regularly advise construction clients as to corporate and regulatory matters.
Our focus is on maximizing our clients’ profits and minimizing our clients’ expenses. Therefore, we search for the quickest, most effective resolution to the matter at hand rather than engaging in protracted litigation. But our reputation in litigation—and our willingness to litigate when necessary—always stands behind our negotiating efforts.
Examples of recent Wyche engagements include:
- Represented owner in development of a multimillion-dollar customized residential construction agreement based on standard AIA documents and negotiations with general contractor
- Represented architect against owner regarding multimillion-dollar claim over apartment buildings condemned because of differential settlement
- Represented architect against hotel owner’s claim for allegedly defective EIFS
- Represented general contractor in wrongful termination claim following a gas leak
- Represented owner in a major residential construction case against general contractor
- Represented the program and construction manager in the development of a customized construction agreement and architectural services agreement based on standard AIA documents for a $1 billion, multi-school building project for a large school district; assisted the program and construction manager with interpretation and application of the applicable procurement code requirements; and represented the program and construction manager in various lawsuits relating to the project
William M. (Bill) Wilson III
Bill has practiced for over 20 years as a commercial litigator for both plaintiffs and defendants, appellate lawyer, and mediator. He is an experienced courtroom lawyer and has tried numerous cases to verdict. His litigation practice focuses on construction, real estate, and complex commercial matters, and he routinely represents business owners, developers, contractors, architects, landlords,…