GREENVILLE,S.C. – Wyche received excellent coverage in the 2011 edition of South Carolina Super Lawyers, with one third of all firm shareholders selected for inclusion.
Super Lawyers is a rating service that identifies outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Only five percent of the total lawyers in the state are selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers.
Wyche attorneys included in the 2011 edition of Super Lawyers are:
- Gregory J. English, Business Litigation – A graduate of Harvard Law School, Greg English has practiced law with Wyche for nearly 20 years and his litigation experience includes over 30 jury and bench trials, plus numerous hearings on preliminary motions and injunctions, dispositive motions, and appeals in both state and federal courts.
- J. Theodore Gentry, Employment Litigation: Defense – A graduate of Yale Law School and former clerk to Judge Silberman of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, Ted Gentry has 20 years of experience handling complex litigation, involving employment, commercial, and financial matters, in both state and federal trial and appellate courts.
- Cary H. Hall, Jr., Tax – A graduate of Harvard Law School, Cary Hall has been practicing law with Wyche for more than 35 years and is a certified specialist in taxation law. Hall’s practice is evenly divided between tax law and general corporate and transactional matters, such as mergers & acquisitions, securities transactions, and venture capital.
- Wallace K. Lightsey, Business Litigation – A graduate of Harvard Law School and former law clerk to Chief Justice Burger of the United States Supreme Court and Chief Judge Wisdom of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit,Wallace Lightsey is a skilled litigator with more than 25 years experience and well over 50 jury trials, and has argued numerous appeals in state and federal appellate courts.
- Henry L. Parr, Jr., Business Litigation – A graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law and former law clerk to Chief Justice Burger of the United States Supreme Court and Chief Judge Haynsworth of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Henry Parr has more than 30 years experience handling complex litigation, including class actions and individual suits, in state and federal trial and appellate courts, including the United States Supreme Court.
- Troy A. Tessier, General Litigation – A graduate of Harvard Law School who served in the U.S. Marines as a Judge Advocate and as an Assistant U.S. Attorney, Troy Tessier is a skilled litigator with experience in many different areas, including the conduct of more than 50 jury or bench trials to verdict.
- James I. Warren, Real Estate – A graduate of the Vanderbilt University School of Law,Jim Warren leads Wyche’s Real Estate and Economic Incentives practice groups and represents developers, public and private companies, lenders, and investors in a wide variety of sophisticated real estate transactions.
- Marshall Winn, Business Litigation – A graduate of Harvard Law School, Marshall Winn has been serving as lead counsel in trials in state and federal courts for over 25 years. His litigation experience includes jury verdicts for clients in contract, fraud, environmental and general insurance coverage, and antitrust cases, among many others.
Wyche is a full-service law firm which has practiced law and served the Greenville community for more than 90 years. In that time, Wyche has participated in landmark litigation, served as counsel on cutting-edge transactions, and provided community leadership that has helped shape and drive our region’s growth and success. With offices in Greenville and Columbia, Wyche is the South Carolina member of Lex Mundi, the world”s leading association of independent law firms.