Greenville, S.C. — More than two thirds of the members of Wyche Burgess Freeman & Parham law firm have been selected by their peers as among the best attorneys in their respective fields of practice in the 2007 edition of The Best Lawyers In America. The Wyche firm is ranked first in Greenville and fifth in the state of South Carolina for number of lawyers included in the Best Lawyers listings. Wyche also ranked first in the state for the number of attorneys selected in the practice areas of Corporate, First Amendment and “Bet-the-Company” Litigation. Nationally the firm is third in the number of lawyers named in the area of First Amendment law and seventh in “Bet-the-Company” Litigation. Five Wyche attorneys have been included in Best Lawyers for ten years or more, and David Freeman has been listed for at least twenty years.
The 2007 edition, which is currently on line and will be published in hardback later this fall, includes:
- Eric B. Amstutz, Corporate Law
- Mark W. Bakker, Labor and Employment Law
- Gregory J. English, Commercial Litigation
- David L. Freeman, First Amendment, Corporate – Listed for 20 years
- J. Theodore Gentry, Labor and Employment Law
- Cary H. Hall, Jr., Corporate and Tax Law – Listed for 10 or more years
- Frank S. Holleman III, Commercial Litigation
- William W. Kehl, Corporate Law and Health Care Law
- Wallace K. Lightsey, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation and First Amendment Law – Listed for 10 or more years
- Lesley R. Moore, Trusts and Estates
- Carl F. Muller, First Amendment Law
- James C. Parham, Jr., Commercial Litigation – Listed for 10 or more years.
- Henry L. Parr, Jr., Antitrust Law and Commercial Litigation
- James M. Shoemaker, Jr., Corporate Law – Listed for 10 or more years.
- James T. Warren III, Real Estate Law
- Marshall Winn, Commercial Litigation
- C. Thomas Wyche, Corporate Law – Listed for 10 or more years.
The selection of listed attorneys by Best Lawyers is based on a nationwide peer-review survey of 1.8 million confidential interviews by leading attorneys evaluating the legal abilities of other lawyers in their specialties.
The Wyche firm is the South Carolina member of Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms. The firm has offices on Camperdown Way in Greenville and 1122 Lady Street in Columbia.