Deidre has broad experience in transactional work, including facility management and food and other service agreements, construction, trademark licensing, research, and sponsorship agreements. She also is experienced in litigation, especially in the areas of construction, business and accountant’s malpractice litigation. Prior to joining Wyche she worked for a multi-national corporation, first as corporate counsel and then as a member of the corporation’s international risk assessment team, assessing business and legal risks. She also served as Assistant General Counsel to what was then a publicly-traded company which provided management, food and beverage services to NFL, Major League Baseball, university and municipal facilities, negotiating most of the company’s contracts and managing its litigation. As a former in-house counsel with litigation experience, Deidre has a hands-on approach, grounded in practical experience.
|1987, J.D.||University of Tennessee College of Law|
|1984, B.A.||The University of the South Sewanee|
- Badeaux v. Davis, 337 S.C. 195, 522 S.E.2d 835 (S.C. App.1999): Represented the State of South Carolina Department of Social Services in a matter of first-impression, and obtained a holding that a Family Court in South Carolina lacked subject matter jurisdiction under the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) to alter or modify a valid foreign order for child support which had been registered in South Carolina.
Accountant Malpractice Liability
- FDIC v. Ernst & Whinney: A member of the plaintiff’s team, pursuing an action for liability of an accounting firm for what was then the third-largest bank failure in U.S. history.
Licensing, Sponsorship and Risk Management
- Michelin Corporation (2006-2015).
- Corporate Counsel: research agreements with universities, trademark licensing and acquisition agreements;
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: assessed legal and business risks throughout the global company.
Food Services and Facility Management
- Centerplate, Inc., Assistant General Counsel (2003-2006): negotiated facility management and food services agreements, and managed litigation.
- The Harper Law Firm (2001-2003): construction litigation defense, construction contract drafting and negotiation, and mechanic’s liens.
- South Carolina Bar, 1993
- Tennessee Bar, 1988
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
|1998-2000||South Carolina Department of Social Services,
Child Support Enforcement Division
Georgia Wilkins Scholarship, The University of the South. The highest honor for an in-coming freshman.