Megan represents clients in a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development, leasing, disposition and financing of all types of commercial properties. She has been main counsel to sponsors in over 25 projects throughout the Southeast with acquisition and development costs ranging from $25,000,000 to over $100,000,000 and involving multifaceted equity and financing structures. Megan enjoys the challenge of complex transactions which often yield unique issues at various stages of the transactions, and she has a keen ability to efficiently and creatively work towards agreeable resolutions for her clients.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Acquisition and Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Economic Development and Incentives
- Joint Ventures and Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate Leasing
|1991, J.D.||Vanderbilt University School of Law|
|1988, B.A.||Vanderbilt University|
- Represents clients in the entitlement and development of master-planned mixed-use projects involving the drafting and negotiation of complex multi-party easement agreements, public-private partnership agreements, master and sub-regime condominium declarations and ground leases.
- Represents clients in the redevelopment of multiple abandoned textile mills in South Carolina, utilizing abandoned textile mills tax credits, federal and state historic tax credits, and brownfields tax credits.
- Represented clients in connection with New Markets Tax Credits financing transactions for office building and mixed-use projects in South Carolina and Georgia.
- Represents clients in connection with the formation of Qualified Opportunity Funds used to finance development projects located in Opportunity Zones in South Carolina and North Carolina.
- Represented clients financing projects under the HUD 221(d)(4) loan program, Freddie Mac Moderate Rehab and other conventional loan programs and Fannie Mae loan programs in South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida.
- Represented client in the purchase and renovation of five fractured condominium projects throughout Florida.
- Represents client in the new development and substantial renovation of boutique hotels.
- Represents operating companies in the purchase, development and/or lease of office, retail and industrial properties.
- Represented a developer in the development of a master-planned single family home rental community, one of the first of its kind in the nation.
- Represented developer in the development and disposition of large student housing apartment complexes bordering campuses of several public universities throughout the Southeast.
- Represented national restaurant chain in negotiating leases for new restaurant locations throughout the country.
- Represented regional bank in the purchase, development and/or lease of all South Carolina bank locations.
- Represented a national leasing management company in drafting and negotiating office and retail leases throughout the country.
|1991–93||Associate, Bracewell LLP|
- South Carolina Bar, 1997
- Colorado Bar, 1993
- District of Columbia Bar, 1992
- Virginia Bar, 1991
- Upstate CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women), Founding Member, Board of Directors, 2009-2012, Current Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce, Real Estate Group, Member
- Greenville County Bar Association, Real Estate Section, Member
- Camperdown Academy, Board of Trustees, 2020-Present; Chair, Committee on Trustees, 2021-2022
- Cancer Survivors Park Alliance, Board of Directors, 2016-2019; Chair of Programs Committee, 2015-2017; and Member of Elements/Sculpture Committee, 2014-Present
- Carolina International Preparatory School, Board of Directors, 2010-2015; Secretary, 2010-2013, 2014-2015
- Clarity, The Speech, Hearing and Learning Center, Board of Directors and Secretary, 1999-2002
- Greenville County Medical Society Alliance, Executive Board Member, 1997-2000
- Deeds of Conveyance by Joby C. Castine (South Carolina Bar-CLE Division, 2019), Editorial Board
- Doing Business in South Carolina Guide, co-author of Section XII: Real Estate